Grilling Season is Here

Well boys and girls, grab yourself a summer appropriate beer (Wheat, Wit, Lagers, whatever...bock for me probably), some sunglasses and some sandals cause it is grilling season! In the world of beers, we have four seasons. But in my own personal cooking world, I have two seasons, grilling season and chili season! And guess what? Grilling season just started and I couldn't be more excited.

Before I say anything else, let me lay something down for you. When I say grilling, I mean Midwestern "Grilling", not Barbecuing like they do it in the south or Chicago or something. When you "Grill" you marinate, season, or just grill your meat to how you like it and then add any sauces after. Barbecuing takes much more prep work and uses a slower method of grilling and basting the meats. It is truly an art, one I don't particularly like doing myself due to the time commitment involved. That all said, I love to grill me some meat and I'd personally rather have it grilled and in my plate with a beer and company than waiting around on the other way.

So yea, now that grilling season has started, I pulled out the trusty ol' Weber Charcoal grill, my Marinade recipes and of course stopped by the beer store to pick up some choice brews. When doing burgers, I keep it simple. Ground chuck, hand-made patties (don't cheat!), a bit of soy sauce in the patties if I feel like it at the time and then a generous amount of Greek seasoning. If you haven't tried Greek seasoning, you are missing out, it is great on burgers, and veggies. Burgers like this with just some cheese, ketchup, or whatever you like on them, go well with any lighter beer. I prefer a pale ale or bock, something that won't over power what I am eating. When grilling chicken however, I usually reach for an IPA, though I reach for those a lot so I should just say that something that packs a big bitter bite goes well with my chicken recipe. I marinade chicken with my world famous Herb and Garlic marinade. It's really good stuff, light always really juicy. It also goes well with Steaks if you have a tender steak that will soak it up. Though with steaks, I prefer another one of my marinade recipes that centers around Jack Daniels though now that Jack Daniels has its own marinades out I am tempted to shell out the cash to try and compare. I usually drink a good cold bud heavy when I am eating steak, as to not mess with the steaks flavor at all.

I usually chop up and grill veggies with lemon pepper or garlic powder and salt in tin foil with ....and all this grilling talk is making me hungry! Until next time!

Cheers!

Wisdom teaches us that none but birds should go out early, and that not even birds should do it unless they are out of worms. ~Mark Twain

Link of the Day
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment