Me *points to self*

I'm going to do you a favor and devote a post to talking about myself. I'll give ya let's say...17 random facts about myself as they come to my mind, because hey, I am pretty awesome, and I figure if you are going to read my blog, you might as well get to know the man behind the "genius."

1-As you can see, I love life and hell, being me. If I could let you try it, I would, it's a good time.

2-I get REALLY excited to the point of giggling and fidgeting when watching action scenes/other cool scenes in movies, reading or listening to battles/big moments in books, or when playing video games with good story lines. It isn't something I can seem to hide.

3-I like to work with my hands, as I said, I taped drywall for a time but I really like building or refinishing furniture. It is very soothing if you do it as a hobby.

4-My whole motto on life is pretty much this quote, "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." ~Emerson

5-Another one to live by is simply, "stop learning, start dieing." You can never stop bettering yourself. If you do, what else is left? the long roll back down the hill, that's all.

6- I was an English major in college. I love to write though I don't do it as much as I use to and that is the main reason I started doing some of these blogs lately.

7-I have a love hate relationship with caffeine. Actually, it's mostly hate, but I can't stop anyway. *

8-Favorite bible verse: A man hath no better thing under the sun than to eat and to drink and to be merry. - Ecclesiastes 8:15

9-The best superpower would be: the ability to manipulate time (stop it, travel it, etc.) I won't hear arguments on this and to the people that say flying, you haven't thought this through, I promise.

10-There is nothing more relaxing than grilling on a hot day, beer in hand, country or classic rock playing, nothing.

11-I love seasons that aren't winter (Minnesota jaded me).

12-Back to the future is the best trilogy, sure I love Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and the others but Back to the future takes it.

13-I love good beer, I would rather eat cheaper food with good beer than the other way around. My favorite beer? I cannot choose unless you give me a style. Lagunitas, Surly, and Schlafly are my favorite breweries though.

14- The Dresden Files is my favorite book series. I know I have BA in English and therefore should say "Anything by Poe", To Kill a Mockingbird, or some other rubbish but I am not a liar. All that stuff may be good but the best reads I have had in all my time doing it are the books in Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. Book 12 of the 21 case books (Then there is going to be a 3 part conclusion) is going to come out next month and I couldn't be more excited. Anyway, read them if you are a reader and do that sort of thing for fun, and if you have read them and don't like them, please leave my blog. I am a nice guys but you should leave, you really are not welcome here.

15-If I could make good money doing so, I would write for a living. I do love it but I have no illusions as to how hard it is to get started and make it as a writer so I choose not to try it as a career.

16-My family is a big Irish one and I love having that heritage, family and a fun holiday to go with it.

17-hmm, what else...I'm 5"11, 200, and can still place both hands on the ground in the classic standing hamstring stretch. Though I think that was from years of sports, lifting combined with major stretching before and after.

*Sort of sounds like a girl I dated in college.

Anyway...Cheers!

You know what it is that frightens ants the most? It's not the anteater, and it's not the steamroller. No wait, it is the steamroller. I got mixed up. ~Jack Handey

Link of the Day
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment